April 12, 2010
mr. & mrs.
Well, I got my sister married. A few do’s and don’ts from the wedding extravaganza weekend:
- DON’T ask me about eye makeup and hair spray if you want a conservative answer. I believe I have a higher than average love of both, so my opinion will always be: yes! and more!
- DO ask me for advice on hair if you are looking for big! or windproof! It was so windy that the candles would not stay lit. Don’t worry though – my hair didn’t move.
- DON’T request “Macarena”.
- DO expect my kid to be a maniac on the dance floor. Especially during “Macarena”.
- DON’T trust that gps lady when you ask her to take you to Chick-fil-A. She will take you to two different mall food courts and you don’t want a mall food court. You just want a stand alone Chick-fil-A.
- DO take pictures to commemorate the festivities, because you will not come home to an inbox full of pictures from others. Not that I would know anything about that.
- DO have the minister sign the marriage license before the ceremony. He will disappear immediately after the ceremony.