August 24, 2010
recap of the road trip
- I got to have fro-yo with this girl. Fro-yo was good. She was great.
- I was paged from the church nursery for the first time in my life. Me: Why did you cry? Baby Swiss: Why did I cry? I’m glad we got to the bottom of that.
- I ate McDonalds twice in five days – which in college would have been a famine. These days it is my limit. I may or may not have a new favorite chicken nugget.
- My mom, my child and I are now the proud owners of matching shoes. (My mom’s and mine are the same, but different colors. Baby Swiss’s are very similar.)
- My sister’s new husband knows how to grill a dinner – chicken, corn & pineapple? Yes, please.
- Speaking of my sister’s new husband, he worked hard to get Baby Swiss to be a fan. For whatever reason, she was kind of skittish around him, but he kept working at it and finally won her over and even got a high five when we left. If I were him, I think I would have given up after the first day.
- Playing with the hose is cool. Mama turning the water to the hose off at bedtime is not cool.