September 14, 2010
Dear Friends & Family,
For those of you who haven’t heard we have been matched with a birth mother and are expecting a baby girl sometime between now and 11/5.
For those of you have heard, well good for you.
Because I like bullet points, you get lists!
Lists! They’re great! And fun! And listy!
- Birth mom’s name is S. She is 36 and this is her 5th pregnancy and first adoption plan. She is very sweet and we felt comfortable with her right away.
- Baby is due 11/5, but that due date was based off of an August sonogram and is now thought to be sooner.
- Baby is a girl, who will be named Bye-Yet. Well, that’s the way it’s pronounced by the soon-to-be-Big-Sister crowd. If that isn’t crystal clear, think a lovely shade of purple. Think Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. Think Peanuts.
- Middle name is yet to be determined.
- Baby will be born in Town 2 Hours Away, State that We Live In – which is great news for us because it makes things easier for us logistically and legally.
Things to Pray for:
- Baby’s health. She was exposed to quite a bit of alcohol before S knew about the pregnancy. Everything looked good at her sonogram in August, but there are many things that there is just no way to know about ahead of time.
- Birth dad details. This is a bit of a longer story, but you can just pray that everything works out smoothly and in a timely manner.
- Continued peace for S.
- Self-control for me to keep from buying infant-sized clothes that match all of Baby Swiss’s new fall/winter clothes.