July 15, 2011
miscellaneous bullet points: edition if you follow me on twitter, just skip this one
- I went to the fancy salon for a pedicure this morning. I received a gift card to the salon and decided that going for a couple of pedicures would be my preferred way to use it up. I was nervous about the fanciness of it – until they made me wait 20 minutes. Then I was just annoyed. How dare they make me almost late to my lunch date with friends.
- I officially prefer the cheap pedicure places. I still have enough money on my gift card for 1.5 more pedicures. I might do one more and then use the rest for some expensive hair product or something…we’ll see.
- Can you believe that “pedicure” got caught in spell check?
- Yesterday I went to Costco with my kids and the churros were perfection. The one we shared was fresh and warm and perfectly crunchy on the outside and perfectly soft on the inside. I wanted to go get three more, but thought it prudent to exhibit a small bit of self-control.
- Can you believe that “churros” got caught in spell check?
- The nice man who works at Costco couldn’t stop telling me how much Pipsqueak looks just like a real baby doll. I appreciate the compliment, but also wonders where he buys his baby dolls.
- We’re going on a vacation with my extended family AND my mom’s extended family in a few weeks. I am nervous about it. I mean cousins I haven’t seen in more than five years… 35 people staying in two rental houses that will be just a little bit short on bedrooms. I like to have my space when I travel. I like to know who is where and what is what. I’m trying to just relax about the whole thing, but that’s not really how I’m wired.
- I hate to leave on a point about my neuroses, so I’m adding this last one to prove that I am in fact neurotic, I suppose.